Speaking of arugula, Ac and I have a new favorite salad. This came from our local co-op and it’s such an amazing spring salad. And if Ac loves it you then you know you have to try it. No brainer. Heeeere ya go:
What you’ll need:
- 4 cup loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 small fennel bulb (that’s about 1/3 cup)
- Shaved Romano cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 4 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry arugula. Duh.
2. Cut the green stalks from the fennel and discard any damaged outer layer. Cut the bulb in half long ways and slice each half crosswise into very thin slices.
3. Juice the lemon, add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wisk until combined.
4. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the romano wedge til you have the amount you like.
5. Mix everything together and enjoy. Welcome to springtime in your mouth.